Take control of your online presence: Deleting your MyLife account
MyLife collects and displays public information about people, including addresses, phone numbers, and even reputation scores. While this can be helpful for some, it’s also understandable if you want to take control of your online footprint and delete your MyLife account.
Here’s a guide to help you do that:
1. Check MyLife’s deletion options:
- Email: MyLife offers account deletion through email. Send a request to
[email protected]. Include your full name and the URL of your MyLife profile (if you can find it).
- Phone: You can also call MyLife customer service at 1-888-704-1900, press 3, and request account deletion.
2. Be persistent:
- It can take MyLife up to 10 business days to process your deletion request. Follow up with them if you haven’t heard back after that time.
- Keep copies of your requests and any responses you receive.
3. Consider alternatives:
- MyLife may not remove all information about you immediately. You can try searching for your name on the site to see what remains.
- If you’re concerned about privacy, consider using privacy search engines like DuckDuckGo and Startpage, and be mindful of what information you share online.
- Deleting your MyLife account is just one step in managing your online privacy.
- Be thoughtful about the information you share online and the websites you use.
- There are many resources available to help you protect your privacy online.
- You can also use services like DeleteMe or ReputationDefender to help you remove your information from various websites.
- Be wary of any third-party services that promise to remove your information from MyLife for a fee. These services may not be effective or could even be scams.
By taking these steps, you can take control of your online presence and protect your privacy.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.